Thursday 22 June 2017

Curiosity Journal #6: Making Progress on my Culminating

Hello! Since, the last time I wrote a blog post (approximately 3 hours ago, but shhh...) I have made some progress with my final project and worked out some of the kinks in my plan. So I have already stated that I'm going to be taking my inspiration from Barabra Kruger, taking her style and making it my own through my politics and my words, however, I have since settled and refined the words I'll use, as well as having chosen the pictures.

It was surprisingly difficult to find the types of images I wanted and that would set the kind of tone I'm going for, I had to search a lot to find some that worked. Originally I thought about doing all black and white like Kruger, but then I ruled it out. Partially due to the fact that I thought it would make our work to similar and partly because I just enjoyed the aesthetic more. Kruger's work focus on pictures of everyday items or famous people, the photos I chose are more like portraiture, in that they're more focused on the individual.

I haven't decided how many I'll do just yet, I'm going to try to do all nine that I've chosen and then see how they turn out. The one's I like the most will be the ones that I showcase on here.

The photos I've chosen are all of different people from different backgrounds, and each is going to represent a different injustice within society or something that is with the way society views the world and life.

I do have to actual, known people in my selection, each pertaining to an injustice they faced, however, the rest of my images are simply models or ordinary people in photogarphs that I found online. 

Here are some pictures of my progress and additional planning:





No comments:

Post a Comment