Wednesday 5 April 2017

Curiosity Journal #1: How Can I Translate My Passions Into Art?

For my first curiosity journal, I asked the question: How can I translate my passion into art? This is a topic that means a lot to me, because I believe that I do my best work in any subject when I care about what I'm working on. My passion for the subject, and translating that subject into a different medium, helps me keep on track and motivated to keep working.



So I got a pen and my sketchbook and started writing out the things that I loved, things that I'm passionate about. It was a bit more difficult than expected, as I've come to realise that no one can really summarise who they are in the same amount of characters as a tweet. Bullet lists don't really allow for much complexity, but it worked well enough for the assignment, so it's what I went with. After that, I made a list of ideas on different mediums I could use to express these passions, but what method worked best for each thing I cared about.



I then expanded on those ideas farther down on the page. I made quick, easy notes on what each idea was, why I wanted to try it, and what I thought it would be good for; sometimes I even mention certain ideas or topics I would want to cover in each art form. These notes are just short little comments just to get the ball rolling, I'd like to expand them further in later journal entries.





I'm already working on my first project, which was based off one the ideas I wrote about in this entry; I decided to create a zine, as I'm more familiar with the medium and have worked with it before. It's going to be about body confidence and self-love, and I'm really excited about it. I've decided to call it "Thique".


No comments:

Post a Comment